Photo Galleries

Friday 11 May 2012

10/01/2012

I had a few drinks last night on the beach with some people I met in another hostel earlier in the day, this meant I didn't get back till the early hours of the morning and this of course meant I didn't sleep as much as I needed to before I had to leave to get to Trujillo.
The local bus I hopped on from Huanchaco to Trujillo broke down half way worrying me slightly but I was able to get my money back and quickly flag down a taxi to get me to the bus station.
I paid a reasonable 25 soles ($10) for my ticket to Lima that I was told was 8 hours away, instead it took a gruelling 12! At least the seat was comfortable enough and the 5 movies they played in Spanish were all secret agent/ spy films... Including my favourite 'True Lies'.
When arriving in Lima I was wanting to go get another bus to Cusco (another 20 hours away) but i couldn't find a bus operator leaving this evening, this left me wandering around the streets at night trying to find cheap accommodation. I walked for at least an hour before I found a place that wasn't "occupado" that offered me a basic closet sized space with a bed in it. This 'hotel' seemed to accommodate “couples” at an hourly rate – so with that in mind I slept in my sleeping bag and used my headphones.

No comments:

Post a Comment