Photo Galleries

Sunday 6 May 2012

03/01/2012 - My birthday (Draft)

Left cabo blanco after packing our tents and cleaning up all the garbage that lined the beach Stayed in el alto waiting for the bus Bused it to puira where there were no buses heading south. Checked into a cheap but clean hotel and went for dinner where I bought a bottle of wine.  When using the Internet Jessica went back to the hotel but when I arrived she wasn't - incredibly worried but she was out buying a gift for me Ended the night watching the shawshank redemption. K
Having slept in my tent for the last couple of days has been great as I sleep so well but because of the lack of insulation
The climate control within the tent is uncontrollable especially when the sunrises and my tent turns into an oven.
Gasping for oxygen, drenching in sweat and cotton mouthed I poke my head outside my tent so catch the nice sea-breeze and feel somewhat normal again. When I say normal I don't mean that I feel great, actually now that I have today just turned 26 the hangover from only drinking 5 beers last night effected my greatly but a quick dip in the ocean sorted that out.
Cabo Blanco was a quaint little fishing village with very little to offer other than a nice beach but here is the problem, the locals don't treat it with much respect; I spent a good half an hour cleaning up the beach of icecream wrappers, empty bottles, yogurt containers and plastic cups - seeing this was a disgrace to such a beautiful area, why do the people treat places with such disrespect?
After my stint of cleaning up Jessica and I left Cabo Blanco and returned to the transport hub of El Alto where we had to wait 3 hours for the bus to Puira - so much for the early start.
Puira is another but larger transport hub where we were hoping to get another bus heading south but as buses running this direction are limited and the next one was the following day.
With no other option we had to stay in Puira having found a decent and cheap hotel in the center of town.
Normally my birthday is celebrated amongst many fellow travelers in a busy hostel but this time was quite with only jessica to keep me company, I suppose we could have gone out in the town to party but really I think I'm past the whole party scene here in Latin America, I thought peru was going to great with more to offer than the rest of South America been its all the same, hopefully his will change the farther south I head.
Dinner was half decent where I purchased a bottle of wine to share with Jessica and later wandered the busy streets looking for a bakery selling cake and a candle.
We didn't find all that much to do so I retreated to use the Internet while Jessica went back to the hotel. Some time went by before I returned also to the hotel where Jessica wasnt there. She had me worried sick and with no way to contact her I ran about the streets looking for her.
Close to contacting the police she showed up at the hotel apologizing holding a gift for me... Some colon she had picked up at the store nearby - a generous birthday gift, thank you Jessica :)

No comments:

Post a Comment