Photo Galleries

Saturday 7 January 2012

15/12/2011

This 4 day tour was well worth the money and was an fantastic experience. Our guide 'Johan' was incredibly enthusiastic with good knowledge of the islands, their inhabitants, vegetation and history, he was also a good laugh and as such I left him and the crew members a sizable tip.
The last thing before the tour ended was a tour around the Charles Darwin Center where the breeding center for tortoises was established.
These giant tortoises are absolutely adorable and absolutely massive, these slow moving lazy bastards live to over 150 years and just get bigger and bigger. This breeding center has bred a hell of a lot of tortoises in the past and one thing is for sure – if I had the opportunity to steal one of the little ones I would certainly attempt to take one home – or even with me traveling.
I took many pictures of all the famous tortoises and I now have a lot of sorting and editing to do – arrg, im very behind on posting this blog but at least im keeping up with the drafting part.
Most of the people on the cruise left for the airport in the morning but some of us remained and so we hung out all morning and after we all found accommodation we went for lunch – here I noticed that most people that come here to Galapagos are not so easy to please, almost everyone was worried about eating from the restaurants where the locals eat, worried if the salads are washed with the tap water, hi gene of the kitchen and so on... It has been a long time since I worried about these things and I reassured them that it is rarely an issue but this was difficult of them having diarrhea recently. Im just looking for the cheapest place to eat with locals inside and for as long as I can remember I havent had a real issue, apart from the occasional case of the shits.
Later Anna and I went to this natural crevasse where many people cliff jumped.. I attempted it too but not the height the locals were jumping from because that was really insane. Here we met a Danish guy who had many stories to tell about taking a London double decker bus around the world from Europe to the East, to africa and many places inbetween – his stories were awesome and he and his friends broke a few world records and made some too. 100,000km in a bus around the world!
Anna and I retreated to the beach later and hung out there talking bullshit with one another having a good laugh.
I organized to meet with Barbara and Henrik who I met on the flight over, Barbara wants to join me on a camping trip on another island, we went for drinks at a few places with some Dutch people they had met on their trip around some of the island, we ended up in a few bars around on the main strip and when things quietened down I went home.

Tortoise at Charles Darwn Center, Santa Ayora, Galapogas 2011-1200

Pic of the Day

IMG_2154-700IMG_2155-700IMG_2159-700

Dolphins on the way back to Santa Cruz

IMG_2191-700IMG_2194-700IMG_2196-700IMG_2225-700IMG_2228-700IMG_2244-700IMG_2264-700IMG_2271-700IMG_2274-700IMG_2306-700

Around the Charles Darwin Center

IMG_2344-700IMG_2346-700IMG_2349-700IMG_2348-700

Volcanic Terrain on the way to the Cliff Jump

IMG_2343-700IMG_2318-700

The Cliff jump

No comments:

Post a Comment