Photo Galleries

Sunday 20 November 2011

19/10/2011 No Entry :(

Distance Traveled: Quebec City to Saint-Maurice 140km
Money Spent: $25 on beer and cigarettes
Time cycling:  5 hours 8 minutes
Moving Average: 27.2 km/h
Total Distance Traveled: 3346 km


After spending the last few days with Sandra I had to make my way back to Montreal to be there for this weekend to organize a gathering with all the people I know from planting trees in the west of Canada.
I had an amazing time with Sandra having so much in common and I do hope to see her again before I leave to Columbia.
Anyways, I had to leave her and start cycling toward Montreal via Trois Rivieres where I was catching up with David who I met in EL Salvador earlier this year who I missed out on seeing when I was last in this place a week ago.
The weather for cycling was absolutly perfect today with a very strong tail wind and a slight chill to the air, meaning I made it to Trois Riveries in record breaking time, although saying that I still made it there quite late after dark meeting David in a small town named Saint-Maurice.
David and his Dad have a business renting out cottages for functions and Parties in the area and he showed me one of the places he rents out – and oh my god, this place was amazing with 5 bedrooms, swimming pool, ice hockey rink, a lake with fish (that he has to top up in the summers), dance floor with disco ball and a bar connecting to a second kitchen. If I ever get married I would want it to be here. And, I would get a discount having David as a contact. Yeah.
After seeing all this David and I headed into town for food and drinks, it was great to catch up and have a laugh before heading back to the cabin where I was staying.
David dropped me off telling me that the back door was open and he drove off to his place, I went to the back door and tried opening it, looking forward to having a shower and sleeping in a comfortable bed but the door was locked, I rushed around the corner hoping to get Davids attention as he drove away as I knew I didnt have a phone to contact him. Unfortunately I was unable to catch him and I was left at this cottage with my bicycle and belongings inside with nothing more but what I had on me. With no way I could contact David I looked around the house for an open window or another door, someway I could break in but had no luck. I ended up making a bed in the basement with a deck chair from beside the swimming pool and some towels I found and used as a blanket.
Having an entire house to myself, something I havent had in the longest time would have been a godsend but I had to sleep in the cold basement cold for the night having to drink water from an empty (unused) ash tray as a container that I filled from the pipe attached to the washing machine.
All a good story to tell. Haha
I dont blame you David – you asshole! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment