Photo Galleries

Wednesday 31 October 2012

25/10/2012 - Oslo to Israel. Day 42

Distance cycled: 113km from Cles to Valstagna,Italy
Average speed: 17.8km/h
Moving time: 6h22m
Total distance: 3766km
Border X'ings: 13
Money spent: €7


View 25oct12 in a larger map

image
Today was not an enjoyable day for me. I was consistently lost and had to backtrack many kilometers because I hit a road that was forbidden for cycling. I had a route plotted on my GPS but because it was set for walking trails I refused to use it because this morning when I did it took me down unnecessary orchid roads that winded me up and down the mountainside.
I was back to my old style of touring by asking locals for directions but this came as more of an annoyance because people would direct me in ways that came to a dead end.
At one point I had to cycle down a cycling prohibited highway where cars were close enough to throw me off the road;
I survived unscathed but it certainly pissed me off.
It wasn't till later in the afternoon where I finally picked up on a bicycle path that led me out of the alps that is a good 50km long. I'm not sure how many of these kilometers I did today before camping but I'm at least 100km from Venice.
It's cold and I'm exhausted so I'm going to slip into my sleeping bag and hope that tomorrow will be a better day; the weather forecast predicts rain, so lets have our fingers crossed for sunshine and blue skies.

IMG_1795

Central Plaza in Trento, Italy

IMG_1799IMG_1804

On my way out of the valley

No comments:

Post a Comment